Hi everyone – thanks so much for stopping by! This is a follow up post from my jumpsuit series. It can be tricky to wear prints because they can easily look overwhelming. This post addresses which prints you can you choose, and what you should look out for. I’ve broken it down into price points again, to cover a wide range of prints. I hope you enjoy it! Please let me know your thoughts in the comments 😉
1. If you’re new to printed jumpsuits, start with a muted neutral like navy. Pair with your favourite gold or silver accessories. See more at NewLook ($42).
2. Add in a dash of colour to a neutral base for striking effects! (Akira jumpsuit, $35.90).
3. Pair bright prints with a structured silhouette. Accessorise with neutrals such as black or gunmetal to balance the print and create a polished look: Desire Clothing ($45.78).
4. Go for abstract paisley to freshen up an old classic: Charlotte Russe ($28.99). This would look great with red accessories.
5. Break up prints with block colours! Even a black panel adds interest to a neutral piece like this NewLook jumpsuit ($42). Follow the symmetry with a black belt, or do some colour blocking with bright accessories and makeup.
6-9. Go for interesting and exciting prints:
- Dark, opulent florals (Motel, $100)
- Artistic (Lilly’s Kloset, $78)
- Nature-inspired (US Trendy, $56)
- Bohemian (Swell, $59.50).
Accessorise according to your personality: tame it with neutral accessories, or break the rules with a cropped, tailored blazer in a bright hue.
10-12. If in doubt, go classic:
- Wear neutrals like black, white and grey.
- Go for classic silhouettes
- Wear classic prints: square (John Lewis, $73), tiny florals (Dorothy Perkins, $65) and texture (Warehouse, $100).
13. Soft, delicate florals and a high neckline bring an oriental sensibility to your look (Miss Selfridge, $128).
14. Add symmetry and structure to prints with vertical panels: The Iconic ($199.95). I’d wear this in summer, on a holiday. Bliss!
17-20: Incorporate trends into prints effortlessly:
- pastels (Theysken’s Theory, $449)
- colour blocking (this silk Diane Von Furstenburg jumpsuit ($325) is astonishing!)
- checkerboard print (Diane Von Furstenburg, $475)
- asymmetrical florals (I LOVE this glorious printed silk jumpsuit by Yumi Kim, $325)
21-24. Go for modern retro!
- Embrace plaid (Thakoon, $769)
- Thick vertical stripes which will elongate your legs and make you look slimmer (House of Holland, $643)
- Kaleidoscopic prints are such a winner (Vix, $515)
- 1940’s vintage floral prints are timeless (Alice by Temperley, $906)
25-28. Be brave and take risks to suit your personality:
- Abstract leopard print can be surprisingly chic (Saloni, $672)
- Rock some daring asymmetry! (Daniele Carlotta, $712)
- Go bold or go home! (0039 Italy, $613)
- Mix florals and zips to create some serious style pizzazz (Nanette Lepore, $550)
30. Wear timeless black and white prints in new, abstract ways (Yigal Azrouel, $1200).
Now, how did you go? 😉 Did this list inspire you to explore prints? What prints are your favourites? Please let me know below, or ask me a question. I’d love to hear from you!
Sending you boundless love and style,